An Opportunity to Learn and to Serve
An Opportunity to Learn
Do you want to learn more about God? A year working with us will give you many opportunities to see God at work in people’s lives. Thatcham Baptist Church (TBC) is a church of all ages who come from very different backgrounds. Our Pastor, David Taylor, has a background in teaching and we believe that the experience of working alongside him as well as other members of our church, will greatly benefit someone who is willing to learn and develop their God-given gifts. You will learn a huge amount just by observing the church in action. However, as our church intern you will also have access to the following learning opportunities:
- a weekly Small Group where you will be supported and encouraged
- at least half a day each week for personal study and/or study with David on some aspect of the Christian faith
- one Saturday a month on the Footsteps training course, which is run by Southern Counties Baptist Association and is held at TBC; we will fund your place on this course
An Opportunity to Serve
Do you want to serve God with all you’ve got? The internship is also a chance to invest a year of your life developing your God-given gifts and ministries as part of a local church, and being mentored as you do so. We have a number of different tasks available, and what you do will depend to some extent on your gifts and abilities. There’s also the chance to stretch yourself and to have a go at new things. You may find yourself, for example:
- helping with the TBC Toddler group
- teaching children about Jesus
- discipling young people
- helping to take a school assembly
- meeting groups of older people
- visiting people who are housebound or in hospital
- helping to run anAlpha course
- leading worship
- The internship will run from 1 September 2017 to 31 May 2018. The end date is negotiable.
- We will pay you £7000, based on 35 hours work a week for 9 months.
- You will have two days off per week, which we will agree with you. In addition you may take 18 days holiday.
- David will act as your Supervisor for your day-to-day work
- You will be allocated a church member to look after you pastorally
- You will have free board and lodging with a family from TBC
- We will pay all expenses incurred in relation to your work as an intern
- We will provide a work base at the church